St Giles Trust Assemblies
Posted 9th March 2023
Last week and again today, students in Years 7-9 attended assemblies in the hall for around 50 minutes on the theme of County Lines and Child Criminal Exploitation.
Representatives from the St Giles Trust delivered these assemblies to our students.
St Giles is a charity using expertise and real-life past experiences to empower people. Part of their remit is to carry out preventative work in schools and their service delivers early intervention work in educational settings, through preventative sessions on violence, vulnerability and exploitation.
Some of the topics they cover in secondary school settings includes:
- County Lines & Grooming
- Gangs, Glamorisation & Joint Enterprise
- Weapon awareness – knife crime
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- The Reality of prison life
- An introduction to Joint enterprise
- Fraud: AC & Deets (being created)
- Online safety & peer pressure
Our students were thoroughly engaged in the sessions and we thank St Giles for coming into school.